Saturday, May 23, 2009

Out of the ICU!

Charis is one big miracle. She's doing so well, that they put her in regular room today. That meant that Brighton could go visit her. Kaid was able to see her yesterday, but kids under 2 aren't allowed in the ICU. Kaid was quiet when he went in, and just stared around the room at all the gizmos and gadgets, but loved seeing his grandma. I forgot the camera, so I didn't get a picture. She felt so strong today that Tom took her to get a smoothie at the hospital coffee shop and took her outside for a little while. She could even hold Brighton and feed him his bottle. It was a wonderful day. Me, Tim, and Brighton, and Tim's dad just sat in her room talking all afternoon. She's the same ol' Charis, and we couldn't be happier. I don't even know how to explain or understand what happened on Sunday compared to today. There is such a drastic difference. It's almost like it's two different people. Losing her was a real possibility, and look at her now........she's amazing. Charis, you're my second mom and I love you so much....... we all do, and we couldn't live without you. You're family is amazing and you're friends are amazing. Your husband and sons have more love for you than could ever be explained.

1 comment:

  1. please tell Charis and Tom that the Spillanes are praying for them...I can't believe this happened! If you need any "medical interpretation", you had better call!! Charis, I think this outdoes anything that Tim has pulled on me! We love you...mp and tim

    ReplyDelete